Thursday, August 17, 2017

Indonesia Day 9 : Prambanan - Ratu Boko

0930 – Reached Prambanan after an hour riding. There was a lot of people since that day was national day. When we approached the ticket counter, there is people telling me to go to the local ticket as maybe I look the same as Indonesian. Then I tell the counter person,”Mas, dua dewasa”. Then he gave two local ticket with just IDR 10k/person. I was so happy as the foreigner ticket is IDR 300k/person. Then we get in and enjoy this UNESCO park. There is a mini train the Candi Sewu which cost 10k/person. The mini train let you get off between a small museum and Candi Sewu which they give you 5 mininutes to enjoy both before the train departed to go back. After exit from the Prambanan UNESCO area, there is a row of food stalls that calling you to eat there. That moment is like you just don’t know to choose which one. As the price is stated on their stall banner, they keep calling you to come while I am still comparing the price.

1500 – Went to Ratu Boko. This time I went to the counter alone but the counter person asked me what is my nationality. Then I can’t buy the local ticket and leave. After that we asked one young couple to help us to buy, they help us buy and treat us. They keep rejecting me paying back them money as they said today is the national day. I feel so thankful. BTW, Ratu Boko have a lot of people during evening where you can view beautiful sunset from the top. However, that day was too cloudy and we left early.

1830 – We tried to find Nasi Uduk to eat which is a unique dishes in Indonesia. We went to local warung and called for a nasi uduk, ayam goreng and ayam bakar. I though that nasi uduk come with vege and meat. But I was wrong, it’s just plain rice with little coconut taste. So I have to called another rice. Maybe the nasi uduk served in restaurant come with vege and meat. Local warung is a bit different.


1930 – Went back to hostel and chatted with owner. Just know that most of the Indonesian are open-minded Muslim which don’t need to wear tudung, can drink alcohol and eat pork. This is really different from the Muslim in Malaysia. 
Prambanan Temple. It was so hot to visit in the noon time!






At the small museums, there is information how they rebuild this ancient architecture


Collapsed due to earthquake

Candi Sewu

Tarian Kuda

Gado Gado IDR10k

Nasi Gudeg IDR12k, I don't like it

Pecel Lele IDR 12k

Young Coconut only IDR 10k

At Ratu Boko

No comments:

Post a Comment