Saturday, August 19, 2017

Indonesia Day 11 : Punthuk Setumbu - Borobudur

0400 – Wake up early in the 3:30am since today we were going to see the sunrise at Borobudur.

0520 – Reached the Borobudur entrance door but it was closed as I know that the park open in 6am. I read a blog that entering at 6am still can manage to see the sunrise in Borobudur without following the sunrise the tour. Then I round the Borobudur park to see where to get in, then suddenly a man with riding his motor asked us want to see the sunrise. Then I said yes and asked how much to bring. It was IDR 20k. Then I follow him. First I though it was the backdoor to go in the Borobudur to see the sunrise. But I was wrong again, he brought us to at very far and high place which is called Punthuk Setumbu. The entrance was IDR30k/person which is the foreigner price as I cannot get the local price as that man asked me when I’m from. After climb for few minutes, the top had a lot of tourist and local people. There were some body going down as that morning was too cloudy. We can only see the sunshine and the Borobudur was quite hard to be seen. From this lesson, I have not make enough homework that I must know this place that I can go by myself and shouldn’t trust any local people especially the senior man and in the tourist area.

0700 – Rode down to Borobudur. Motor parking fee is IDR 5k. We asked a local couple to buy us the local ticket. This time we gave the local couple money first. After getting the local ticket which is IDR 40k/person, we went through the entrance which have a very serioud checking procedure. They will check your bag whether that you have bring food. They check my bag and asked where I come from. My inner said this time was not so lucky. They asked me my ID or passport to check. Then I was brought to the international ticket counter. At the same time, my dear had gone in to the park with local ticket. At the international counter, the counter person deducted my local ticket price from the international ticket price which is IDR 325k! However, luckily I have applied the Internation Student Card (ISIC) early that I can buy international student price which is IDR 195k. After bought the ticket, they checked my bag again and only said just don’t eat food in the Borobudur. I also served with a free coffee ( can choose coffee or tea). While drinking coffee, I was thinking why the Asean country don’t have other privileges to buy a cheaper ticket as IDR 325k is really expensive!

After meet my dear, we walked to the Borobudur which the east side staircase only allow to go up, other side staircases allow to go down and the south side is exit. At the top where 3 layers of 72 bells located, it is the most famous photo taking spot.



Instant Chicken Porridge, wake up early morning and filled up the stomach first.


Sunrise at Punthuk Setumbu, too cloudy!




Restoration work in progress.

At the bottom 5 layers, buddhas are different for each direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment