Sunday, October 22, 2017

Philippines Day 1 : Flight to Manila and to Puerto Princesa

0130 - Got on the flight. The flight departed on time at 1:45pm. After read few pages of the 3sixty magazines, we slept.

0345 - Reached Manila airport on time. After slowly got off from the plane and took our check in bag. We saw free sim card booths at the exit of arrival hall. There are two booths, one is the Globe and another is Smart. We bought the Globe for 30 days 4GB data for PHP600 with free messages instead of Smart 30 days with 800mb each day for PHP1000.
After that, we went to the Level 3 departure hall to find any information counter to ask. We saw there are guard in charge to check the person ticket before get in to the baggage dropped counter.
Immigration Form of Philippines. Look a bit different.

Manila Airport Baggage Collection Area

But the information counter is inside. When I wanted to pass through them, they asked the ticket. But I told them I just wanted to ask some question at the information counter. At the information counter, I told the person that my flight to Puerto Princesa. Then he told me that we had to take cab to terminal 4 since the terminal we arrived just now is terminal 3.

Then we got down to the ground floor and thinking whether we should try walking or not. Then we tried to find another information counter in the ground floor to ask is there any other option since I found there is shuttle bus to go between the terminal. When finding it, we saw the terminal transfer and we followed the direction. Then we got into the room that is for waiting the bus. The counter person in charge had to jot down our names and flight number. He told me then next bus is 5:30am which I think have very enough time to get to 9:30am flight.

While I just wanted to charge my phone, the bus come at 5am! Then we have to get on the bus. This bus look quite old. Just after 10 minutes journey, we reached the terminal 4. At the entrance of the terminal 4, there is another guard checking the ticket. So I just shown him the booking number. Then had to get through another security check where there are two lane which each one for each gender. The security officer also checked and touched our bodies.

After that, printed the ticket at the AirAsia kiosk. Since it was just 6am, we had plenty of time for the 9:30am flight. We had a sleep on the chair first. It was quite hard to sleep as the place is very noisy. Woke up at 7am, we checked-in and dropped our backpacks and got into the departure hall. In the departure hall, there are many food stall and minimarkets. But we don’t have time to eat any and we continued to sleep.
The security check at the entrance of the Terminal 4.

There are Air Asia Self Check-in kiosk

Baggage Drop Area

Woke up at 8:50am as it is the boarding time. Our flights gate still show TBA. Since this hall is very small that all 5 gates are together, we just waited and see. At 9:15am, it only announced the gate. Then we boarded the flight and departed on time. I continued sleeping in the plane.

1100 – Flight landed on time in Puerto Princesa Airport. This airport is not very big. After got out from the arrival hall, there are no many shop and even don’t have a food stall. Then we just walked to our booked hostel as I think it is quite near. After passed through the airport gate, We got culture shock as this street is so sandy and there are many old type transport like old motorcycle and tricycle. After walked few distance, I checked that the distance still has 1.5km. Then I changed my mind that wanted to take a tricycle which many had approached us. The first that we rejected offer me PHP30. The later tricycle driver offered mr PHP50. Then we had no choice and continued walking with backpack. After walked few distance, the guy that offered me PHP30 found me again and asked weather I want to have a ride. Then we agreed. On the way to the hostel, this guy introduced a lot of tour included the underground river. He said that we had to book the underground river from the tour agent as today the boat ride was cancelled due to weather and that group of people will postponed today. So he told me that his agent can help to get the permit. But I don’t trust what he said. After got off at the hostel, he still asking for my phone number but I said don’t have. Then he still gave me his contact with a brochure.
Transport so many egg cartons
 
Saw the Palawan main island!


Puerto Princesa Airport
Tricycle

A air-cond double bed room with shared bathroom.PHP450/room/night

1200 – After checked in the room, we prepared and got out quickly as we were hungry. On the way walking towards the City Coliseum, we had our lunch in a fast food kind restaurant which has air-cond environment and security officer in charge of opening the door.
Roasted Chicken Solo PHP110

Combo Halo 1 PHP145 with the Malabok

Malabok

1330 – We reached the City Coliseum which is a 20 minutes walk from the restaurant that we ate. We got into the underground river booking office, we were shocked that the entrance fee is PHP500 and not PHP250 as the fee just raised this year>< After discussed for awhile, we decided to go. We just got the paper permit the fee is paid at the Sabang tourist center.

The price of the underground river activity.

The permit.

Our next plan was sleeping at the room as we were lack of sleep. On the way back, there were lot of souvenir shop that sell clothes, food and souvenir. I saw there are a lot of cashew nut food and biscuits. Near to our hostel, there are a shopping mall and a lot of fast food restaurants included McD and Jolibee. We walked into the shopping mall, the bags have to be checked. This seem so weird to me. I wanted to find a good sandal as I needed for tomorrow journey in the underground river which may get wet. At the moment I shopped the shoes, the staffs were dancing for a music. This look fun and special to us!
Selling so many pearls.


This NCCC mall is near our hostel. It closed very early at 8pm!

Rhum which is Phillipines most produce alcoholic drink.

1700 – At the room, we tried to booked the van to go to Sabang. But the hostel’s WIFI suck that can only connect near the first floor. I am so tired that had to wait the webpage. After got into the Lexxus Shuttle Facebook booking page, we cannot book the van as it had to book at least two day in advanced. Then I just leave a message to the Lexxus Shuttle. After bathed, I got the replied which seem is very fast and asked about when and where to pick up. After I replied and slept.

2000 – Woke up this time but I didn’t get any replied. Hence, the last plan is going to the San Jose Terminal in the early morning tomorrow by ourselves. That time I was so hungry but my girlfriend want to continue to sleep. So I just went out along. I went to the fast food near to the shopping mall to have a simple dinner. After that, I walked towards the city baywalk. There were a lot of seafood restaurant and food stalls. PHP300 can eat a set of seafood for two persons. I saw that there are lot of burger stall. I wanted to take away one burger for my girlfriend. However after asking three burger stalls, all said that they only left beef burger. Then I didn’t bought any. Then went backed to the room. The street is so quiet and dark at night!
Chowfan with Siomay at the Chowking fast food PHP97


Seafood stalls at the City Baywalk



No comments:

Post a Comment