Friday, September 1, 2017

Indonesia Day 24 : Bali - Snorkelling at Amed - Japanese Shipwreck - Jemeluk Bay

Instead of follow snorkeling tour which cost at least IDR 250k/person, we rode to Amed for snorkeling ourselves as I knew there are few snorkeling place is near to the beach in Amed. After riding for more than 2 hours, we reached Amed. First thing to do was to find snorkeling equipment rental. Initially, it was quite hard to find especially the life vest. After asked one shop by one shop, we finally found a shop that rent the life vest and other snorkeling equipment. I requested to shop owner to allow me to bring the equipment to Japanese shipwreck and Jemuluk Bay. They said ok but charge increase a bit. I rent a pair of fin for IDR 20k and my dear rent a full set to snorkeling equipment include the life vest for IDR 50k. Then we head to Japanese shipwreck as I knew from the review that the wave will become huge after 1pm.

After reached Japanese shipwreck, we saw another snorkeling rental shop. I think every famous snorkel area here have one rental shop. At noon time, the was small wave but I still manage to snorkel since long time haven’t snorkeled. However, my dear took time to learn back the snorkeling. There were also a lot of people snorkeling especially to a spot. Then I assume there is the shipwreck location. It was real that can see that shipwreck from the surface of the water. Since it was a sunny day and is not easy to snorkel at unstable sea condition, we ended there early.

After that, we followed the GPS to Jemeluk Bay. Then we reached the place that we rent the snorkeling equipment. I just know that this place is one of the famous snorkeling spot in Amed. After having lunch, rest and applied lots of sunblock, we continued snorkeling. There were a lot of beautiful coral and fish. Even there is a underwater post box which look like a temple. We snorkeled for more than an hour.

Nasi Goreng IDR 25k

Nasi ayam with unique sauce
Watermelon juice IDR 15k
After returned the equipment, when I wanted to prepare sit on my scooter, the rental shop owner come and asked me whether I returned the correct quantity. She even requested to check the box inside the scooter. I think it was really complicated to rent the equipment since there is no any record and receipt.
The boat is very unique
At the half way returning to Ubud, we rest at a beach that full of Soto ayam and coconut stalls. The coconut was really cheap which only cost IDR 10k for a whole young coconut! The meat was really young and soft! However, the beach is full of rubbish and there was not much tourist. It was only the local people fishing there.

One part of the view when going back.


No comments:

Post a Comment